Two months ago Facebook had rolled out a new custom gender field which will lets the users to opt a gender other than ‘Male’ of ‘Female’. It included almost 56 new gender options and also custom label for specifying what pronouns they would prefer to be referred to: him, her, or they.
Now it looks like Facebook has expanded the neutral gender identity to Family members, means when you are specifying the relationship between the added family member you can choose neutral gender from the list. Here’s the complete list of newly added family relations with neutral gender:
- Step Sibling (gender neutral)
- Siblings (gender neutral)
- Parent (gender neutral)
- Child (gender neutral)
- Sibling of Parent (gender neutral)
- Child of Sibling (gender neutral)
- Cousin (gender neutral)
- Grandparent (gender neutral)
- Grandchild (gender neutral)
- Step Parent (gender neutral)
- Step Child (gender neutral)
- Sibling-in-law (gender neutral)
- Parent-in-law (gender neutral)
- Child-in-law (gender neutral)
Facebook now also lets you suggest a new gender option in custom gender. As of now, there is almost 56 gender-identifying options including “Androgyne,” “Pangender,” “Bi-gender,” “Trans* Man,” “Trans Woman,” “Transsexual,” “Agender,” “Cis woman” etc.
To add a neutral gender person as family member that person must have opted custom gender and neutral from the preferred pronoun.
Top Image: Facebook Diversity Page
[…] can express their authentic identity, the custom gender field and now these pride stickers make Facebook more gay friendly, in other words, they are almost near to the completion of their […]