Social media has changed the way we communicate with each other and the world at large. Now you can not only chat with anybody anywhere as long as they have Internet, but you can upload and share pictures and videos, and even indulge in video chatting. Twitter might be known for its short bites, but you can share videos on Twitter, too. Not everybody knows how to upload videos on Twitter, so we’re here to help. Here’s a guide for uploading videos on Twitter, one of the key features introduced by the site.
There are two ways to upload and share videos on Twitter:
I. To record and upload a video of duration up to 30 seconds:
- For Android users, tap the camera icon next to ‘what’s happening?’ and for iOS tap the Tweet icon followed by the camera sign.
- Now to get to the video mode tap the video icon, which is present towards the left of the camera sign.
- Record the video by tapping and holding the Record icon. You could also add a second part to your video till it reaches 30 seconds by again tapping and holding the Record icon and recording again. The facility to delete or edit the video is also offered by Twitter. To do that, you can drag the specific clip to be deleted and rearrange the clips by pulling out and moving sideways before Tweeting.
- Now once you are done with recording, simply tap the Done icon. You could preview your audio visual before sharing, and even delete it.
- Finally don’t forget to tap Tweet to let the video clip be shared with the world.
II. Uploading a video of duration more than 30 seconds:
- To upload a longer video, all you need to do is to upload it to one of the many video sharing sites such as YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.
- Enter a small description in your tweet box and copy paste the URL of the video clip from the other site to tweet box.
- Finally, tap Tweet and your video will be shared. Anyone could view the video by tapping on view video icon on the bottom of the Tweet you shared.
There are also two other ways for sharing your Vine videos of six seconds and to import and tweet a video from iOS phones. For the former, you simply need to add Twitter account under ‘Social networks’ in your Vine profile, followed by tapping the Share icon below your post. Steps to be followed for the latter are – Tap the Tweet icon, find and select the video to be imported, edit the video duration and tap Trim, followed by Tweet.
These easy guidelines for uploading and sharing videos on Twitter will surely help you through the procedure. The audience for the videos uploaded and shared on Twitter can also be managed by you, so you hold all the controls and can feel as secure as it’s possible to on Twitter. So start recording and uploading!