Holi, also known as the festival of colors is celebrated in India every year to mark the transition of winter to summer. This festival is historically very important and people light bonfires, eat sweets, dance to traditional folk songs and apply color on each other to express love and happiness.
The Story of Holi
The story begins with the evil king Hiranyakashipu who wanted everyone in his kingdom to treat him as a god. He possessed special powers and therefore thought that he is immortal. But the cruel king’s son, Prahlada was a devotee of Lord Vishnu and refused to do so. So, he ordered his sister Holika to walk in a fire with the child as she could walk through the fire unharmed. Little did she know, that her powers only worked when she did it alone and perished in the fire, saving Prahlada. This is one of the stories that celebrate the triumph of good over evil. People in India celebrate Holi with a lot of enthusiasm and togetherness.
Along with many traditions that the festival follows, people wish each other Happy Holi and remember that evil cannot stand against good for a long time. Here are more than 75 Happy Holi messages, wishes, quotes and images that you can share with your family and friends on this day of the festival of colors.
- This Holi, I wish to paint your face with colors so that your life is also full of vibrant colors of love, happiness and joy!
- On the festival of colors and joy, thank you for the love and smiles you have brought in my life and will continue to do so. Happy Holi!
- Green, Red, Yellow and Blue. All the colors of Holi remind me of you! Happy Holi!
- Enjoy every color of Holi and you will get every happiness that you desire. Happy Holi to you and your family!
- Even though I am away from you on the occassion of Holi, all my thoughts and good wishes are with you!
- Burn the evil, your ego, expectations and ill thoughts in the fire of Holi. Wish you a very Happy Holi!
- Red for love, Green for prosperity, Orang for success and Pink for happiness. May god bless you and your family with all these colors on the occassion of Holi!
- Colors of happiness, colors of friendship, colors of love – may all be yours. Happy Holi!
- May all your problems and tensions get burned with fire of Holi and leave you with the beautiful colors of goodness and happiness. Happy Holi to you.
- This Holi, eliminate the Ravanas from your mind and fill it with the positive thoughts of Lord Rama.
- Whether I am near or far from you on Holi it does not matter. I will always be there in your heart and you in mine. Happy Holi and have a wonderful day.
- Let us celebrate the festival of Holi with natural colors and lots of love. Wishing a colorful and eco-friendly Holi to you.
- Let us enjoy the various shades of great friendships. Sending you my warm wishes of Holi, my dear friend! Have a great one.
- It’s the time to unwind, de-stress and to make a bond with sweets, thandai and colors. Happy Holi
- Holi is the apt time to break the ice, renew relationships and link yourself with those that you wanted to with a bit of color.
- May your Holi be filled with vibrant colors and may joy, good health and prosperity come knocking at your doors this festive season!
- Water balloons, water pistols, amazing songs, and delicious gujias are the main ingredients for a perfect Holi. Have a Happy Holi!
- Forgive your haters and ill-wishers and remember those who are near & dear to you with splashing colors. Happy Holi!
- Your smile embodies the spirit of Holi. May your playful and bright spirit continue to flourish this year!
- May you have a triumphant Holika Dahan around the bonfires, and a beautiful Holi filled with color.
- May all the 365 days of the year be as merry as the day of Holi. Happy Holi!
- Have a great Holi celebration with friends and family. Be safe and careful and enjoy it the fullest. Wishing you this.
- H – Happiness
O – Opulence
L – Love
I – Integrity Now that you know the meaning, let me wish you a happy Holi
- May the drumbeats and color bring out the best in you! Enjoy this festive of color with your dear ones. Happy Holi.
- May the good always emerge victorious over evil and may you always get all you desire. Happy Holi to you and family!
- Enjoy Holi like your childhood days, water balloons in hand, gujiyas in mouth and color on face. Have a rewarding Holi.
- It’s time to paint the canvas of your life with the most beautiful colors and draw that curve in your face. Happy Holi!
- May God spray colors of success and prosperity over you and your family. We wish this Holi is as special as it has always been.
- Reach out to others with the colors of joy and spread happiness wherever you go this Holi.
- Wishing you Holi filled with bright colors, water balloons, delicious gujias, and melodious songs. Enjoy the best festive with your dear ones.
- Wishing you a colorful day, a colorful life. Color your mind with positivity and happiness! Happy Holi!
- Happiness is when you see brightness in darkness. So keep walking with a colorful mind to birng out the best in you! Happy Holi!
- Whenever you splash colors of Holi on someone, it’s like a promise of being loyal towards them always. Maintaining a lifelong bind with them and showering them with all your love and care. Happy Holi!
- May this Holi bring the ultimate colors of happiness in your life and excite you for the next adventure in your life. Happy Holi!
- A beautiful butterfly carries a colorful wish from a rainbow, just to inform you, there is no one like you in the world. You are the reason of my colorful life. I wish you a Happy Holi!
- Happiness is the most beautiful color of life which I pray stays with you forever. Have a wonderful Holi!
- The grandeur of color and sweetness of sweets; may you have a brilliant Holi!
- Holi is the day to express love with colors. It is a time to show affection. All the colors that are on you are of love. Happy Holi!
- A true and caring relation doesn’t have to speak loud, a soft message is just enough to express the heartiest feelings. Enjoy the festival of Holi with a lot of fun.
- May all the 365 days of the year be as merry as the day of Holi. Happy Holi!
- Don’t just throw colors, be the color. Happy Holi 2021!
- Enjoy this festive and dance to the rhythm with your heart. May the festive spirit make you happier than ever.
- This festival of Holi is a way to express your love using beautiful colors. So make this Holi the most memorable for all your near and dear ones. Happy Holi!
- It’s your love that gives me the strength to persevere and warm my heart. Thank you for standing by my side and for all your prayers and care. Wishing you the best ever Holi celebration!
- Make a splash this Holi with colors, that brighten up your surrounding to spread cheer and joy all around.
- My only motto for this Holi is to reach out to every special person in my life with the colors of joy to spread happiness. And, my dearest friend, you are the first on my list. Happy Holi, dearest friend!
- Let’s fill each other with the color of Holi and the deepest shade of love. Happy Holi!
- Holi is the right time to splatter the colors of joy everywhere. It is an occasion to love and forgive. It’s all about expressing the happiness of being loved through colors.
- Make merry with colors on Holi and the rest of the days with the colors of love. Happy Holi!
- It is time to celebrate the colors of our beautiful relationship. I wish you and your family all the bright hues of life this Holi!
Happy Holi Messages in Hinglish (Hindi-English)
- Rang, pichkari hai taiyaar, Aao manayein Holi ka pyara tyohaar!
- Rangon ke tyohaar mein ho pyaar ki mithas aur yaaron ka saath! Happy Holi 2022!
- Nayi khushi aur nayi umang key sath rango ka parav mana lo! Happy Holi!
- Holi ke tyohar par rango ke saath barse pyaar aur pyaar. Mubarak ho aapko yeh din baar baar.
- Milte rahiye, dost banate rahiye
Has ke jo bhi mile, gale lagate rahiye
Chha rahe hain rang fir se mausam me
Zindagi apni rangon se sajaate rahiye
- Niklo galiyon me bana kar toli, Bhiga do aaj har ek ki jholi, Koi muskara de to use gale laga lo, Varna nikal lo laga ke rang, keh ke Happy Holi!
- Kadam Kadam par Khushiyaan rahe,
Ghum se kabhi na ho saamna,
Zindagi main har pal Khushiyaan naseeb ho,
Meri taraf se holi ki Shubhkamana
- Khushiyon ka ho overflow, Masti Kabhi Na ho low, Tumhari Holi ho ekdum number one, Aur tum Karo whole lot of fun! Happy Holi!
- Chadenge jab pyare rang, Ek meri dosti ka rang bhi chadhana, Lagne lagenge tumhe suhane sare rang, Aur meri dosti ka rang chamkega hurdum tumhare sang. Happy Holi!
- Aapki life ho colorful, Jaise Holi ke rang,
Aapki har khwaaish ho puri Dher saari khushiyon ke sang.
Lets us all celebrate Holi 2022 with colors, enthusiasm and safety! Wish your friends, family and loved ones who are far away from you yet close to your heart have a Happy and colorful Holi!