Buddha Purnima or Buddha Jayanti is celebrated every as the birth anniversary of Gautama Buddha. Gautama Buddha’s birth anniversary is also known as Vaisakhi Budhha Purnima or Vesak. Although Buddhists consider every full moon auspicious, the full moon of the Vaisakh month is significant because it is the day Lord Buddha was born, the day he attained enlightenment, and the day he attained parinirvana i.e. nirvana-after-death.
This year, Buddha Purnima will fall on 16th May 2022 of the Gregorian calendar. This day keeps changing every year in the Gregorian calendar as the exact date of this festival is the first full moon of the fourth month of the Chinese Lunar Calendar. On this day, Buddhists wear white clothes, offer prayers, and discuss Buddha’s teachings. They also offer kheer (rice pudding) as it is believed that a woman named Sujata offered kheer to Gautama Buddha and it has become a tradition since then. People also visit the Mahabodhi Temple in Bihar as it is believed to be the place where Buddha attained enlightenment. People also send good wishes to their loved ones on the occasion of Buddha Purnima. Here are 30 wishes, quotes, messages, and greetings that you can share with your loved ones:
- On Buddha Purnima, may the divine grace of Lord Buddha always be with you. Happy Buddha Jayanti
- Let us pray for peace and harmony for all humankind on this auspicious day… Happy Buddha Jayanti!
- “Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts.”
- May Buddha Purnima herald a new phase of happiness, contentment, good health, and tranquillity.
- May you be blessed with the Almighty’s choicest blessings. Here’s wishing everyone on the auspicious occasion of Buddha Purnima.
- “Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.” – Buddha
- Three things cannot be long hidden, the sun, the moon, and the truth. Happy Buddha Purnima!
- May Buddha Purnima’s full moon today remove the darkness of ignorance from our lives and guide us to the path of peace and enlightenment! Happy Buddha Jayanti to you.
- Thousands of candles can be lightened from a single candle and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared-Lord Buddha. Happy Buddha Purnima.
Also Read: 100+ Cute, Cool, Sweet, Sassy, Smart, and Funny Ideas for Bio on your Instagram
- Let your spirit fill with non-violence and truth. Happy Buddha Purnima!
- We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all. Happy Buddha Purnima
- “If you knew what I know about the power of giving you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.”- Gautama Buddha
- If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path: Gautam Buddha
- May Lord Buddha’s grace guide you and your loved ones towards knowledge and enlightenment in life! Happy Buddha Purnima!
- If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly our whole life would change: Gautama Buddha
- Buddham Saranam Gacchami | Dhamma Saranam Gacchami | Sangham Saranam Gacchami… Happy Buddha Purnima!
- May the Full Moon’s brightness, remove all the darkness from your life. Happy Buddha Purnima.
- Buddham Sharanam Gachami, Om Mani Padme Hum, May Lord Buddha enlighten you on the path of love, peace, and truth. Happy Buddha Purnima.
- Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little. – Buddha. Happy Buddha Purnima!
- Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. Happy Buddha Purnima 2022!
Also Read: 100+ Instagram captions for Travel photos, Group photos, Selfies and more
- May the year be full of love, light, peace, and harmony! Happy Buddha Purnima!
- “Purity or impurity depends on oneself. No one can purify another.” – Gautama Buddha
- “Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it.” – Gautama Buddha
- May the full moon of Buddha Purnima steal all ills and usher in peace and awakening. Have a Happy Buddha Purnima!
- May his preachings of right thoughts, words, and deeds help us create a world of Peace and Happiness! Happy Buddha Purnima!
- Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future. Concentrate the mind on the present. Happy Buddha Purnima!
- May Lord Buddha enlighten you on the path of love, peace, and truth. Happy Buddha Purnima!
- “Should a person do good, let him do it again and again. Let him find pleasure therein, for blissful is the accumulation of good.”- Gautama Buddha
- I wish you a life full of peace and tranquility this Buddha Purnima and always!
- Let us pray for peace and harmony for all humankind on this auspicious day. Happy Buddha Purnima.
Also Read: 45+ Best Instagram Reel Captions to get more Likes and Views
These wishes and quotes will let your loved ones know that you are thinking about them on the occasion of Buddha Purnima. By remembering the teachings of Gautama Buddha, we should spread positivity and happiness in this world.