Instagram now gives you the ability to create your own 3D model to represent yourself. You can go crazy with customizations on this one. The company has given its users the liberty to choose from what their character’s hair would be like to the lines on their skin.
Users will also be able to dress their character the way they like and can choose to edit their appearance, hairstyle, or clothes as and when they want. This is Instagram’s version of Snapchat’s ‘Bitmoji’ which is quite popular.
Here is how you can create and use Instagram’s digital avatar:
1. Open your Instagram profile and click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Choose the settings option from the pop-up menu.
3. In Settings, Click on the Account settings.
4. There you will come across the Avatar option.
5. Here, you can get quite a lot of customization options from hair, nose, body, and outfit to even ear piercings.
6. After you are done with making your Avatar, press done and then save changes to use your Avatar.
This Avatar of yours can also be shared on stories and DMs. On Instagram stories, your Avatar can be found in the stickers option. Similarly, on DM, you can access your Avatar through the sticker icon in the textbox at the right corner.
Instagram is doing a great job of learning from other companies and trying to make their product better and more relatable. With the addition of these digital avatars, users and especially young users will be able to express themselves in a newer, more fun way.
This news also comes in after Instagram’s parent company, Meta, announced that they will be starting their own digital clothes stores where people can buy branded clothes for their avatars in exchange of real money. It’s going to be interesting to see where does this go from here and what commodities will be available to us in the future through these apps.
Featured Image Credit: Meta