After around 200 years under British rule, it was on the 15th of August, 1947 when India was finally declared an independent nation. If you read the history of India’s independence, you will find not only people who were ready to give their lives for their nation but also events that display how desperately the people of India wanted to be independent.
The year 2022 marks the 75th year of India’s Independence and everyone who gets to see it will surely witness something glorious. It is time we stand together and remind each other of the sacrifices people have made to stand where we are today. Here are 40+ Independence Day wishes, quotes, messages, and greetings that you can send to everyone and honor the people who have strived and are still striving to make our country a better place to live in.
Also Read: Top 20 Inspirational Facebook Quotes About Life To Post in 2022
- As we remember our national heroes today, let us renew our pledge to always uphold our national unity, so that we can live together in peace and harmony. Happy Independence Day!
- We are blessed to have a right to speak and to be heard. A right that several brave souls fought for. Let’s take a moment to think of their sacrifice and what they had to pay for the freedom we enjoy.
- We are blessed to be born in a country that was independent and we must thank for this our ancestors who made so many sacrifices for it… Happy Independence Day 2022.
- As you celebrate this day, always have it in mind that no nation is perfect and it can only be made perfect by me and you. Happy Independence Day, proud to be a citizen!
- Freedom cannot be bought by money. We earned ours through years of struggle against the British Raj. Let us remember all those who fought for our country. Jai Hind!
- May the flag of our country fly higher and higher each year as we mark the anniversary of our independence.
- We have shown courage, let go of our fears, and fought for our independence. So let us show the whole world how proud we are to be free! Happy Independence Day!
- No amount of money can give the happiness that freedom does. Long live our nation. Happy Independence Day!
Also Read: 10 interspecies friendships that are going to melt your heart this friendship day!
- Independence Day is not just a holiday but it is remembering all those who lost their lives to win freedom for India and promising to protect this freedom each and every day with our constant efforts….. Warm wishes on Independence Day 2022.
- Today is a day to feel proud about being a part of this great nation. May this spirit of freedom leads us all to success and glory in life. Happy Independence Day!
- Let’s keep the memories of all the people who sacrificed their lives for our country alive. Wishing you a Happy Independence Day 2022!
- As India completes another year of Independence, here’s wishing you a Happy Independence Day!
- Sacrificing your own life for the country requires a lot of courage, but doing something good for the country only requires a will. Happy Independence Day!
- We are a country of various religions and customs, languages, and cultures…Let us celebrate Indian Independence Day by coming together, uniting against all the odds as one big country.
- To our freedom fighters, to our soldiers, to our heroes of the nation, they are the reason we are still alive, and we will never forget their sacrifice. Happy Independence Day!
- I am proud to be Indian and wish all the Indians a Happy Independence Day.
- Remember– united we stand, divided we fall. Independence Day is a reminder for us that we all are Indians first. Happy Independence Day!
- We celebrate the bravery of our fathers and their gift of freedom. Long may our flag wave! Happy Independence Day!
- The sacrifice that our forefathers made to win the right for us to live in a free country is beyond imagination. A big salute to all our national heroes. Happy Independence Day!
- On this Independence Day, may the spirit of this day give you the courage to chase your dreams successfully. You are among the brightest and bravest of all because you belong to the best nation in the world! Happy Independence Day!
- May this Independence Day bring harmony between all the communities and unite us as a nation. Happy Independence Day!
- Life is full of positivity and harmony, only if you have the heart to feel it. Happy Independence Day to you. Keep the spirit of freedom high always!
- Freedom doesn’t see colors or shapes. There is enough hate and violence in the world, and now we need to build a better future, full of love, unity, and understanding. Here’s to a wonderful Independence Day!
“We have believed, and we do believe now that freedom is indivisible, that peace is indivisible, that economic prosperity is indivisible.”– INDIRA GANDHI
Also Read: 15 Nelson Mandela inspirational quotes that can motivate everyone
- On this special day here’s wishing our dreams of a new tomorrow come true! May your Independence Day day be filled with patriotic spirit! Happy 75th Independence Day!
- There are thousands of soldiers who laid down their lives so that our country can celebrate this day. Never ever forget the sacrifices who made for us. Have a fantastic Independence Day!
- Let’s honor the valiant heroes who made us the proudest of all humans and the mightiest of all nations. May the glory of this day be your inspiration for tomorrow!
- Happy Independence Day to you. Today let’s celebrate those who shed their blood for our freedom. They are the ones who deserve the glory!
- We celebrate the bravery of our fathers and their gift of freedom. Long may our flag wave! Happy 75th Independence Day!
- Every citizen should have a sense of belonging wherever they find themselves. May all our politicians rise to the great task of building trust between the people and the nation so we can have peace and stability in our country. Here’s wishing everyone a happy freedom day celebration!
- Celebrate the free spirit of India. May this Independence Day fill your life with happiness and prosperity. Happy Independence Day.
- Carried with care, coated with pride, dipped in love, flown in glory – the Tiranga on Independence Day. Happy Independence Day to you. Proud to be an Indian.
- On this day remember the sacrifice and struggle of those who fought for us and gave us a beautiful gift of Independence. Happy Independence Day.
- Feel the pride of being a part of such a glorious nation. Here’s sending my warm patriotic wishes to make this day truly memorable. Happy Independence Day!
“At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom.”– PT. JAWAHARLAL NEHRU
- “It is easy to kill individuals, but you cannot kill the ideas. Great empires crumbled, while the ideas survived.” – Bhagat Singh
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Give me your blood and I will give you freedom!” – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- “We have believed, and we do believe now that freedom is indivisible, that peace is indivisible, that economic prosperity is indivisible.” – Indira Gandhi
- “The shots that hit me are the last nails to the coffin of the British rule in India.” – Lala Lajpat Rai
- “Do or die.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Be the change that you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Forget not that the grossest crime is to compromise with injustice and wrong. Remember the eternal law: you must give if you want to get” – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- “At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom.” – Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
- “Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.” – Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
These Independence Day Quotes, Messages, and Wishes will inspire everyone to dedicate this day and the rest of the days of their lives towards making themselves better citizens and better human beings.