Choosing entrepreneurship as your career takes a lot of courage. To be an entrepreneur, you need to be headstrong, believe in yourself, and believe in your idea. Everything else comes later and there is a good chance that you may or not succeed but a little guidance from successful entrepreneurs can give you a lot of hope and encouragement.
Mr. Ashneer Grover, the Founder, and former MD of the fintech company BharatPe had built his company from the ground up. He has been in the light for some time now as he was the sassiest Shark Tank India judge which recently aired on Sony Television. He also recently resigned from his company BharatPe after he was alleged of financial fraud. Learning from his interesting entrepreneurial journey, here are 10 quotes by Ashneer Grover that can inspire everyone:
- The only thing lavish about me is my dreams and ability to achieve them against all odds through hard work and enterprise.
- I am now looking up to people who have the courage to build businesses with 100% ownership.
- Businesses with 100% ownership will take a bit longer to build, I will be in control of what I build and not build it for these people who are opportunistic.
“I have a message for all the founders in the country – don’t be a slave to these VCs.They act like the East India Company and make everyone a slave.”– Ashneer Grover.
- Logon se baaton mein jeetne mei mujhe koi shauk nahi hai mereko asli mei jeetna aata hai. (I have no interest in winning in conversations with people, I know how to win actually.)
- What happens is that whatever founders want should happen – and it does (happen) many times. But when it doesn’t, it comes out as extreme anger and frustration.
- I have a message for all the founders in the country – don’t be a slave to these VCs.They act like the East India Company and make everyone a slave.
“Focus on execution, delivering a very good pitch doesn’t make you very successful.”
- Execution pe focus karo, bohot achhi pitch dene se bohot successful nahi bann sakte hai. (Focus on execution, delivering a very good pitch doesn’t make you very successful.)
- At the end of the day, aapke aur customer ke beech ki game hai. Agar customer aapka product baar baar khareed raha hai toh aap bohot hi acchi business bana sakte hai. Yehi cheez aapko dhyaan mei rakhna chahiye. (In the end, the game is between you and the customer. If the customer is buying your product again and again, then you can make a very good business. You should keep this thing in mind.)
Personalities like Ashneer Grover can teach entrepreneurs how to keep their hearts strong and help their businesses reach the top. It is necessary for every company to have someone like Ashneer Grover at the managerial level to keep things practical.