The most awaited release of the Nothing Phone 2 has finally arrived, disclosing a device that bears resemblance to its predecessor, the Nothing Phone 1, while introducing notable improvements. With a focus on its internal components, the Nothing Phone 2 offers a range of exciting features and upgrades.
For those eager to delve into the details, this article will provide comprehensive information on the specifications, pricing, and availability of the latest flagship from the innovative brand, ensuring you have all the necessary information before making a purchase. Discover what sets the Nothing Phone 2 apart and where you can get your hands on this extra-ordinary device.
Nothing Phone 2 Specifications Overview:
|Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1
|Dual (50MP + 50MP)
|6.7 inches (17.02 cms)
|OLED, HDR 10+
|Yes, with Punch-hole
|1080 x 2412 pixels
|Corning Gorilla Glass v5
|Yes, Splash proof, IP54
|Android v13 with Nothing OS custom UI
|Dual SIM (Nano)
|5G, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.3, USB Type-C, NFC, Infrared
|On-screen Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock, Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope
|White, Dark Grey
|6.38 inches (H) x 3.01 inches (W) x 0.34 inches (T)
|Speaker, USB Type-C Audio Jack
|Supports various formats including 3GP, AVI, H.265, MKV, MOV, MP4, WebM, WMV
Nothing Phone 2 Specifications
The Nothing Phone 2 is equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 processor, which delivers excellent performance and efficiency.
With 8 GB of RAM, the phone ensures smooth multitasking and efficient handling of apps and games.
The phone features a powerful dual-camera setup with two 50 MP sensors, providing high-quality photography capabilities.
The device offers a spacious 128 GB of internal storage, providing ample space to store your data, apps, and media files.
The Nothing Phone 2 boasts a large 6.7-inch OLED display, offering immersive visual experiences and vibrant colors.
Powered by a 4700 mAh battery, the phone ensures long-lasting usage, minimizing the need for frequent charging.
Design and Build
- The Nothing Phone 2’s design exudes a premium feel, featuring a Gorilla Glass back panel that enhances its durability and aesthetics.
- With dimensions of 6.38 inches in height and 3.01 inches in width, the phone offers a comfortable grip and a sleek profile.
- The device is relatively thin at 0.34 inches (8.6 mm), making it easy to handle and carry around.
- Weighing 201.2 grams, the phone strikes a balance between sturdiness and portability.
- Available in White and Dark Grey colours, the Nothing Phone 2 caters to different style preferences.
- The phone is designed to be splash-proof with an IP54 rating, protecting it from minor water exposure.
- It is also dust-proof and water-resistant, ensuring reliability in various environments.
- Users can unlock the device using either the on-screen fingerprint sensor or facial recognition.
- The 6.7-inch OLED display delivers sharp visuals and a resolution of 1080 x 2412 pixels, providing a cinematic viewing experience.
- With an aspect ratio of 20:9, the screen is well-suited for immersive content consumption and multitasking.
- The display supports HDR 10+, enhancing color contrast and delivering stunning visuals in compatible content.
- Protected by Corning Gorilla Glass v5, the display offers robust durability against scratches and accidental damage.
- The touchscreen features capacitive and multi-touch capabilities, ensuring smooth and responsive interactions with the device.
- The screen’s brightness of 1600 nits ensures clear visibility even under bright sunlight.
- With a color reproduction of 1B colors, the display showcases vibrant and accurate colors.
- The screen-to-body ratio of 87.51% maximizes the screen real estate, providing an edge-to-edge viewing experience.
- The Nothing Phone 2’s dual rear camera setup consists of a 50 MP primary sensor with a wide-angle lens and f/1.88 aperture, capturing detailed and sharp images.
- The secondary 50 MP sensor features an ultra-wide-angle lens with an f/2.2 aperture, enabling users to capture vast landscapes and group shots.
- The front-facing 32 MP camera comes with a wide-angle lens and an f/2.45 aperture, delivering clear and vibrant selfies and facilitating video calls.
- The rear camera supports 4K video recording at 60 fps, ensuring high-quality video content creation.
- Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and Electric Image Stabilization (EIS) help in minimizing camera shake, resulting in steady and blur-free photos and videos.
- Camera features such as Auto Flash, Auto Focus, Face Detection, and Touch to Focus enhance the overall photography experience.
- The device also supports various shooting modes, including Continuous Shooting and High Dynamic Range mode (HDR).
Battery and Charging
- The Nothing Phone 2 is powered by a reliable 4700 mAh Li-ion battery, offering extended usage without frequent recharging.
- The phone supports fast charging with a 45W charging capability, enabling users to quickly recharge their device.
- According to the brand’s claims, the device can be fully charged in just 55 minutes, ensuring minimal downtime.
- The inclusion of wireless charging functionality adds convenience and flexibility for users who prefer cable-free charging.
Performance and Software
- The Nothing Phone 2 is driven by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 processor, delivering impressive performance in various tasks.
- The chipset is built on a 4 nm fabrication process, ensuring high efficiency and reduced power consumption.
- The combination of Cortex X2, Cortex A710, and Cortex A510 cores, clocked at up to 3.2GHz, ensures smooth multitasking and responsiveness.
- Graphics processing is handled by the Adreno 730 GPU, delivering smooth visuals and optimal gaming performance.
- The device comes with 8 GB of LPDDR5 RAM, facilitating seamless app launches and efficient multitasking.
- With 128 GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage, users have ample space to store their apps, media files, and data.
- The Nothing Phone 2 runs on Android 12, featuring the brand’s custom user interface, Nothing OS, enhancing user experience and offering a unique visual style.
Connectivity and Sensors
- The phone supports a dual-SIM configuration, allowing users to use two Nano-SIM cards simultaneously.
- Connectivity options include 5G and dual 4G VoLTE, ensuring fast and reliable internet connectivity.
- The device supports Wi-Fi with a/ac/ax/ax 6GHz/b/g/n/n 5GHz, MIMO, enabling seamless wireless connectivity.
- Bluetooth v5.3 provides efficient wireless data transfer and device pairing capabilities.
- GPS, along with A-GPS and Glonass, enables accurate location tracking and navigation.
- The phone features NFC (Near Field Communication) for convenient contactless transactions and data sharing.
- An infrared sensor is included, offering additional functionalities such as remote control capabilities.
- The Nothing Phone 2 is equipped with an on-screen fingerprint sensor and facial recognition for secure and quick device unlocking.
- Other sensors, including Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, and Gyroscope, contribute to enhanced user experiences and functionalities.
Price in India
The last known price of the Nothing Phone 2 in India was ₹39,999. The phone is expected to be available soon across various online stores in the country.
Pros & Cons
Expert Score: 8.4 out of 10
The device offers a buttery smooth UI, enhancing the overall user experience.
Its premium build quality and in-hand feel provide a sense of luxury and durability.
The Glyph interface is more integrated than ever before, offering a unique and stylish visual aesthetic.
The phone’s battery life is commendable, ensuring prolonged usage without frequent recharging.
The selfie camera performs well, capturing decent-quality selfies and supporting video calling.
The primary camera struggles with resolving distant subjects, affecting image quality in certain scenarios.
Charging speeds are considered mediocre, which may require longer charging times.
The phone is relatively pricey, which may be a consideration for budget-conscious buyers.
With the Nothing Phone 2’s much-anticipated annual update, it brings significant hype to the market. However, potential buyers must carefully assess whether its Rs 44,999 price tag justifies the device’s features and overall performance. A comprehensive review will help individuals make an informed decision about purchasing this flagship smartphone.
The Nothing Phone 2 showcases a range of impressive features and capabilities that position it as a strong contender in the competitive smartphone market. Its powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 processor, coupled with ample 8 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage, ensures smooth multitasking and seamless app performance. The dual-camera setup, featuring three 50 MP sensors, offers versatile photography options, though some users may find the primary camera struggles with distant subjects. The vibrant 6.7-inch OLED display, supported by 66W fast charging and a sizable 4700 mAh battery, enhances the overall user experience.
Despite its promising features, the Nothing Phone 2’s Rs 44,999 price tag may be a consideration for some potential buyers, especially given the availability of competitive alternatives in the market. However, for those seeking a premium design, buttery smooth UI, and unique Glyph interface, the Nothing Phone 2 could be an excellent choice. Ultimately, users should carefully weigh the phone’s pros and cons to determine whether it aligns with their specific needs and preferences. With a comprehensive review, individuals can make an informed decision and determine if the Nothing Phone 2 is the perfect companion for their mobile lifestyle.